Aed sentence example
- After several short reigns the throne was occupied by Aed's son Domnall (627-641).
- The other biography was written towards the end of the 7th century by Muirchu Maccu Machtheni, who dedicated his work to Bishop Aed of Slbbte (d.
- No wonder; then, that Aed determined to banish them from Ireland.
- Aed, son of Ainmire (572-598) of the northern Hy Neill, figures prominently in the story of St Columba.
- Aed lost his life in endeavouring to exact the boroma tribute from Brandub, king of Leinster, who defeated him at Dunbolg in 598.Advertisement
- As a sequel Fergal's son, Aed Allan (734-743), defeated the men of Leinster with great slaughter at Ballyshannon (Co.
- The story goes that the ardri Aed Oirdnigthe (797-819) made a hostile incursion into Leinster and forced the primate of Armagh and all his clergy to attend him.
- This brave ruler gained a number of victories over the Norsemen, but in true Irish fashion they were never followed up. Although his successor Aed Finnliath (863-879) gave his daughter in marriage to Amlaib, no better relations were established.