Adulterers sentence example
- He calls the people to repentance, and he enforces the call by proclaiming the approach of Yahweh in judgment against Lhe sorcerers, the adulterers, the false swearers, the oppressors of the poor, the orphan and the stranger.
- It seems written to expose the corruption of domestic life in Florence, and especially to satirize the friars in their familar part of gobetweens, tame cats, confessors and adulterers.
- Thus Calixtus, bishop of Rome 219 -223, decided to admit adulterers to exomologesis and so to communion; and Tertullian, now become a Montanist, pours out his scorn on him.
- Men ask themselves why their gods are worshipped in the form of beasts, birds, and fishes; why their gods are said to have prosecuted their amours in bestial shapes; why they are represented as lustful and passionate - thieves, robbers, murderers and adulterers.
- In this chronique the gods, like other gods, are adventurous warriors, adulterers, incestuous, homicidal, given to animal transformations, cowardly, and in fact charged with all human vices, and credited with magical powers.Advertisement
- That's why sharia has harsh laws and punishments like stoning adulterers and whipping drinkers and gamblers.
- He will also punish all liars, the lustful, adulterers, idolaters, and blasphemers, (Revelation 21:8 ).
- They don't behead people, or amputate hands, or stone adulterers just for the fun of it.
- drunkards reclaimed, adulterers converted and murderers revealed and pardoned.