Adulterant sentence example
- The seed is a common adulterant of mustard seed (Brassica) either by chance or for profit.
- The finely powdered and washed mineral is too crystalline and consequently of insufficient opacity to be used alone as a paint, and is therefore mixed with "white lead," of which material it is also used as an adulterant.
- Tartaric acid, which is sometimes present in large quantities as an adulterant in commercial citric acid, may be detected in the presence of the latter, by the production of a precipitate of acid potassium tartrate when potassium acetate is added to a cold solution.
- On this adulterant Sir Thomas Wardle remarks " With a solution of sugar, silk can have its weight augmented from I oz.
- Now, intentional adulteration is practically non-existent, chiefly because of the fact that in the places of production the price obtainable is so low that any possible adulterant would be too costly to collect.Advertisement
- The leaves of a closely allied plant, Empleurum serratulum, are employed as a substitute or adulterant for buchu.
- It may be skimmed off the underlye and placed direct in the frames for solidification; but that is a practice scarcely at all followed, the addition of resin soap in the pan and the subsequent " crutching in " of silicate of soda and adulterant mixings being features common to the manufacture.
- The last enters into the composition of some of the solid lubricating greases, and is also used as an adulterant of other oils.