Adria sentence example
- Schone, Le antichitd del Museo Bocchi di Adria (Rome, 1878).
- The result is that the plain is being gradually extended in an easterly direction, and cities like Ravenna, Adria and Aquileia, which were once seaports, lie now many miles inland.
- He settled at Thurii, but afterwards removed to Adria, where he remained until the death of Dionysius (366).
- During his stay at Adria, Philistus occupied himself with the composition of his EtKEXuca, a history of Sicily in eleven books.
- At the same time special privileges were granted to articles imported by sea, so as to foster the trade of Trieste and Fiume; as in Germany a subvention was granted to the great shipping companies, the Austrian Lloyd and Adria; the area of the Customs Union was enlarged so as to include Trieste, Istria and Dalmatia, as well as Bosnia and Herzegovina.Advertisement
- The mines ranked with those of Adria, in South Austria, as the most valuable in the world, until the great development of the mercury deposits at New Almaden, in California, U.S.A., between 1853 and 1857.
- By the bait of a kingdom to be carved expressly out of the States of the Church and to be called the kingdom of Adria, coupled with the expectation of succeeding to Queen Joanna, Clement incited Louis, duke of Anjou, the eldest of the brothers of Charles V., to take arms in his favour.
- It is generally applied only to the province of Rovigo, but is sometimes extended to the neighbourhood of Adria and Ferrara.
- A large share in the carrying trade belongs to the Cunard, Adria, UngaroCroat and Austrian Lloyd Steamship Companies, subsidized by the state.
- Season 5, Project DNA - DNA stood for "Do Not Assume," but was also reflected in the contestant pool when a set of identical twins, Natalie and Adria, competed as one player, swapping out for one another during the game.Advertisement