Adrenals sentence example
- The doctor will measure the blood cortisol which is a hormone produced by the adrenals.
- Rare causes Many rare diseases may affect the adrenals.
- A CT scan of the abdomen showed both adrenals were enlarged and contained specks of calcium (3C, arrows ).
- In turn, the pituitary releases its own hormones called gonadotrophins that stimulate the gonads and adrenals.
- It can come from the brain in the form of gonadotrophins or from the gonads and adrenals.Advertisement
- If the pituitary output is inadequate, so will be the output from the gonads and adrenals.
- Pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, and testes are all part of the endocrine system.
- When 21-hydroxylase is deficient, this leads to a hyperfunction and increased size (hyperplasia) of the adrenals.