Adrenal-gland sentence example
- The outer part of the adrenal gland is the adrenal cortex which makes three main hormones called steroids.
- I have also had a Pheochromocytoma and had my left adrenal gland removed nearly two years ago.
- The release of CRH triggers the pituitary gland's discharge of adrenocorticotropic hormone, which in turn stimulates the adrenal gland to secrete cortisol.
- It is also the starting material from which steroid hormones are made by the adrenal gland.
- adrenocorticotropic hormone, which in turn stimulates the adrenal gland to secrete cortisol.Advertisement
- The excess secretion of the hormone aldosterone into the blood is from an abnormal adrenal gland or glands.
- The inside layer of the adrenal gland is called the adrenal medulla.
- steroid hormones are made by the adrenal gland.
- Corticosteroids-A group of hormones produced naturally by the adrenal gland or manufactured synthetically.
- Some other conditions such as malfunction of the adrenal gland or kidney failure can produce abnormal chloride readings.Advertisement
- Less commonly, it may be caused by other types of brain tumors, central nervous system disorders, or adrenal gland problems.
- A child who is dehydrated due to diabetes, kidney disease, or adrenal gland disorders must receive treatment for these conditions as well as for the resulting dehydration.
- However, a larger skin surface area to body weight ratio may make children more susceptible to adrenal gland problems such as growth retardation and delayed weight gain.
- Patients with both MEN 2A and MEN 2B experience two main symptoms, medullary thyroid cancer (MTC) and a tumor of the adrenal gland medulla known as pheochromocytoma.
- Because cortisol production is impeded, the adrenal gland over-produces androgens (male steroid hormones).Advertisement
- CAH, a genetic disorder, is the most common adrenal gland disorder in infants and children, occurring in one in 10,000 total births worldwide.
- CAH is diagnosed by a careful examination of the genitals and blood and urine tests that measure the hormones produced by the adrenal gland.
- Unfortunately, you can't take Yaz if you have a history of kidney, liver, or adrenal gland disease or risk factors for developing these conditions.