Adrenal-cortex sentence example
- The outer part of the adrenal gland is the adrenal cortex which makes three main hormones called steroids.
- This fragment of the complete ACTH molecule does not stimulate the adrenal cortex to produce hormones.
- deficient in another adrenal cortex hormone called aldosterone.
- hormones secreted by their adrenal cortex tend to increase in response to stress.
- They migrate to form the dental mesenchyme, supportive cells of the nervous system, the adrenal cortex and melanocytes of the skin.Advertisement
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH)-Also called adrenocorticotropin or corticotropin, this hormone is produced by the pituitary gland to stimulate the adrenal cortex to release various corticosteroid hormones.
- Cortisone-Glucocorticoid produced by the adrenal cortex in response to stress.
- Cortisol-A steroid hormone secreted by the adrenal cortex that is important for maintenance of body fluids, electrolytes, and blood sugar levels.