Adorno sentence example
- At last the armies of sultan and pretender met at Ulubad (Lopadion) on the Rhyndacus in Asia Minor; Mustafa's troops fled at the first onset; Lampsacus, where the pretender took refuge, was captured with the aid of the Genoese galleys under Adorno.
- You might expect a writer like Adorno to throw his full weight behind the ruling ideology of his adopted country.
- Conference presentations include pieces on Jack Kerouac and blackface minstrelsy, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Theodor Adorno.
- The Roman antiquities here preserved belong to other places - Luna, Libarna, &c. The Adorno, Giorgio Doria (both containing small but choice picture-galleries), Parodi and Serra and other palaces in this street are worthy of mention.
- Postmodernists who criticize Adorno for denouncing the tawdry spectacle of consumer culture have no conception of his vision of what things could be.Advertisement