Adorer sentence example
- It is different from the verb adorer, which means to love.
- In the service of the Theban Ammon two priestesses called the Adorer of the God and the Wife of the God occupied very influential positions, and towards the Saite period it was by no means unusual for the king to secure these offices for his daughters and so to strengthen his own royal title.
- We do not need to be reminded that Beatrice's adorer had a wife and children, or that Laura's poet owned a son and daughter by a concubine, in order to perceive that the mystic passion of chivalry was compatible in the middle ages with commonplace matrimony or vulgar illegitimate connexions.
- adorer nights a week, top local musicians play their hearts out to adoring crowds.
- The count, laughing, nudged the blushing Sonya and pointed to her former adorer.Advertisement