Adonai sentence example
- Adonai is the name of the creator of the world.
- 1410) wrote against Christianity and in his Or Adonai against the Aristotelianism of the Maimonists.
- Of the names of the planets Estera (Ishtar Venus, also called Ruha d'Qudsha, "holy spirit"), Enba (Nebo, Mercury), Sin (moon), Kewan (Saturn), Bil (Jupiter), and Nirig (Nirgal, Mars) reveal their Babylonian origin; Il or Il Il, the sun, is also known as Kadush and Adunay (the Adonai of the Old Testament); as lord of the planetary spirits his place is in the midst of them; they are the source of all temptation and evil amongst men.
- His work, The Light of the Lord (`Or Adonai), deeply affected Spinoza, and thus his philosophy became of wide importance.
- when the custom had arisen of substituting in reading the word Adonai.Advertisement
- Adonai purposed not " (Gen.
- Adonai eloheinu melech haolam, borei pri hagafen.
- The same tendency led the pious worshippers to avoid His awful name and to substitute Adonai in their scriptures or to use in the Mishna the term " name " (shem) or " heaven."