Adjustment-disorders sentence example
- Nearly one third (32%) of all adolescents are estimated to suffer from adjustment disorders during teenage years as opposed to a rate of occurrence of only 10 percent among adults.
- Few descriptions of any mental illness specify its cause as precisely as the description of adjustment disorders does.
- The cause of the stress seen in adjustment disorders can be events that for many children would be within the parameters of normal experience.
- Some psychological theorists and researchers consider adjustment disorders in adolescents less of an illness than a stage in establishing an identity.
- Adolescents may develop adjustment disorders as part of a defense mechanism meant to break their feelings of dependence on parents.Advertisement
- This condition combines the symptoms seen in both adjustment disorders with depression and with anxiety.
- Medication is only ordered on an extremely limited basis or not ordered at all because psychotropic medications have been shown to have little efficacy in treating adjustment disorders.
- Early detection and treatment of adjustment disorders in children has been shown to appreciably reduce the severity of symptoms and improve their quality of life.