Adjudicate sentence example
- It will be observed that the king does not hear the cause or adjudicate upon it.
- Castile and Aragon alike royal officers were appointed to adjudicate on disputes within.
- As the king and his minister had to listen to and adjudicate upon the appeals from the contending parties their patience was at last worn out, and both governor and intendant were recalled to France in the year 1682.
- In the absence of an appointed umpire a neutral person, mutually agreed, shall adjudicate.
- Boetius ends by declining to adjudicate between Plato and Aristotle, remarking in a semi-apologetic style that, if he has expounded Aristotle's opinion by preference, his course is justified by the fact that he is commenting upon an introduction to Aristotle.Advertisement