Adit sentence example
- Either may be used for drainage of the mine workings, in which case it becomes an adit.
- About 83 fathoms further west the Bog shaft is drained by the same adit " .
- I also feel that the deep adit is probably flooded to above roof level.
- The top of a rail truck just broke the surface in the lower adit.
- What was even more puzzling was that the noise was coming from below him in the old abandoned adit.Advertisement
- A shallow adit driven from near the old reducing works on the South connects with these workings, its mouth is however choked.
- Photo 4. There is evidence of a building adjacent to the drainage adit.
- To see piskies dancing in a mine adit, this is meant to show that there are rich ore lodes in the mine.
- We spent a little time finding the entrance adit, and proceeded to stroll in.
- At about 6 places we were greeted by a BW bod in a side adit, checking our progress.Advertisement
- In the adit walls can be seen rounded pebbles, these are the remains of a raised beach.
- After passing a flooded winze on the left, the adit reaches Williams Shaft which is solidly filled.
- - A mine which has been opened by an adit tunnel or drift drains itself, so far as the workings above the adit level are concerned.
- It is possible to enter this adit wading through the water and penetrate the old workings for a considerable distance.