Adieu sentence example
- She thus bids adieu to all her friends, and having previously taken the white veil, the betrothal, she now assumes the black, and for ever forswears the world and its pleasures.
- Adieu, dear and kind friend; may our divine Saviour and His most Holy Mother keep you in their holy and all-powerful care!
- After a few more banalities Dickinson Faust rose, shook Dean's hand, patted his shoulder and bid a cheery adieu.
- It's not just Le Petit Carlton which is saying adieu to Cannes.
- Without further adieu, we present to you our overall winners for the Best of E3 2006.Advertisement
- The BGS welcomed its new President, Dr. Jeremy Playfer, into post and bid adieu to Prof Bob Stout.
- Graham Henry's departure Henry's sad adieu Eddie Butler: Graham Henry was billed as the savior of Welsh rugby.
- I see I have made myself a slave to philosophy, but if I get free of Mr Lucas's business, I will resolutely bid adieu to it eternally, excepting what I do for my private satisfaction, or leave to come out after me; for I see a man must either resolve to put out nothing new, or to become a slave to defend it."
- The preface to the Phenomenology signalled the separation from Schelling - the adieu to romantic. It declared that a genuine philosophy has no kindred with the mere aspirations of artistic minds, but must earn its bread by the sweat of its brow.