Adh sentence example
- Antidiuretic hormone (ADH)-Also called vasopressin, a hormone that acts on the kidneys to regulate water balance.
- Testing of many bed-wetting children has shown that these children do not have the usual increase in ADH during sleep.
- Sodium balance in the body normally is controlled by aldosterone and ADH (antidiuretic hormone ).
- Nerve impulses from the hypothalamus stimulate the posterior pituitary to produce ADH when the osmotic pressure of the blood rises.
- The amount of ADH secreted by the posterior pituitary is determined by sensors in the brain which monitor the concentration of the blood.Advertisement
- In the early 2000s medical research has found that many children who wet the bed may have a deficiency of an important hormone known as antidiuretic hormone (ADH).