Adenoviruses sentence example
- Lastly, the precise means whereby the SCC cells grow will be studied, using adenoviruses.
- Pharyngitis: acute pharyngitis is caused by a variety of organisms including the adenoviruses and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- E3 has therefore been called the " stealth " gene, allowing adenoviruses to evade the host immune response.
- Virus protein function:: To understand how individual viral proteins function we are using recombinant adenoviruses to express them in cultured epithelial cells.
- Phylogenetic relationships among a large number of adenoviruses infecting vertebrates from fish to humans are shown in Fig.Advertisement
- There are several vaccinations effective against different kennel cough viruses, particularly against the parainfluenza virus and types one and two of canine adenoviruses.
- The disease has been linked to a variety of disease agents, including parvovirus B19, HIV infection, measles, influenza viruses, rotaviruses, adenoviruses, Klebsiella pneumoniae, and Mycoplasma pneumoniae.
- Another group of viruses that causes sore throat are the adenoviruses.
- Adenoviruses are small infectious agents that cause upper respiratory tract infections, conjunctivitis, and other infections in humans.
- In children, adenoviruses most often cause acute upper respiratory infections with fever and runny nose.Advertisement
- Adenoviruses can also cause acute diarrhea in young children, characterized by fever and watery stools.
- Adenoviruses are responsible for 3 to 5 percent of acute respiratory infections in children.
- In one mode of adenovirus infection (called lytic infection because it destroys large numbers of cells), adenoviruses kill healthy cells and replicate up to 1 million new viruses per cell killed, of which 1 to 5 percent are infectious.
- Conjunctivitis due to a viral infection, particularly those due to adenoviruses, are usually treated by applying warm compresses to the affected area and using topical antibiotic ointments to prevent secondary bacterial infections.