Adela sentence example
- By the marriage, in 1149, of Adela of Vohburg with the emperor Frederick I., Eger came into the possession of the house of Swabia, and remained in the hands of the emperors until the 13th century.
- The power of the regents, Adela, the queen-mother, and William, archbishop of Reims, was restricted by a council composed mostly of clerks who had the king's confidence.
- It was probably about this time that the king obtained a divorce from his wife Adela, daughter of Dietpold, margrave of Vohburg and Cham, on the ground of consanguinity, and made a vain effort to obtain a bride from the court of Constantinople.
- Elizabeth, daughter of Bouchard le Ve'ne'rable, count of Vendome, he had a daughter, Adela, who married Boon of Nevers and transmitted to her children the countship of Vendome.
- During his father's lifetime he was recognized as suzerain by Fulk l'Oison ("the Gosling"), count of Vendome, the son of his half-sister Adela.Advertisement
- About 1050 he repudiated Agnes, his first wife, and married Grecie, the widow of Bellay, lord of Montreuil-Bellay (before August 1052), whom he subsequently left in order to marry Adela, daughter of a certain Count Odo.
- He died soon afterwards, leaving his inheritance to his daughter Adela, whose first husband was Hugh the Great, the brother of king Philip I.
- The eldest son of Hugh and Adela was count Raoul (Rudolph) I.