Adduce sentence example
- Again, the respondent did not adduce evidence to refute this.
- The Jesuits themselves deny the existence of any such body, and are able to adduce the negative disproof that no provision for it is to be found in their constitutions.
- We must now consider the arguments by which determinists attack the position of their opponents and the evidence which they adduce to show that the freedom of the will is no necessary postulate for moral action.
- We shall adduce only one or two glaring examples of Herr GrÃ¼n 's slipshod method of translation.
- He then proceeds to adduce elaborate and sometimes slightly grotesque reasons tending to prove that mathematical knowledge is essential in theology, and closes this section of his work with two comprehensive sketches of geography and astronomy.Advertisement
- Prantl has professed to find the headstream of Nominalism also in Scotus Erigena; but beyond the fact that he discusses at considerable length the categories of thought and their mutual relations, occasionally using the term voces to express his meaning, Prantl appears to adduce no reasons for an assertion which directly contradicts Erigena's most fundamental doctrines.
- 3), and a more or less hesitant endorsement by Origen (" if one might adduce the epistle of Jude," In Matt.
- The proofs of this which Schultz and Gautier adduce from the Chansons de Geste might be multiplied indefinitely.
- None the less, the Assyrian statements with regard to the Medes demonstrate that the Iranians must have reached the west of Iran before 900 B.C. It is probable that at this period the Persians also were domiciled in their later home, even though we have no direct evidence to adduce.