Adduce sentence example
- The proofs of this which Schultz and Gautier adduce from the Chansons de Geste might be multiplied indefinitely.
- The Jesuits themselves deny the existence of any such body, and are able to adduce the negative disproof that no provision for it is to be found in their constitutions.
- adduce facts to prove that it is an entire mistake.
- Again, the respondent did not adduce evidence to refute this.
- 3), and a more or less hesitant endorsement by Origen (" if one might adduce the epistle of Jude," In Matt.Advertisement
- We must now consider the arguments by which determinists attack the position of their opponents and the evidence which they adduce to show that the freedom of the will is no necessary postulate for moral action.
- Prantl has professed to find the headstream of Nominalism also in Scotus Erigena; but beyond the fact that he discusses at considerable length the categories of thought and their mutual relations, occasionally using the term voces to express his meaning, Prantl appears to adduce no reasons for an assertion which directly contradicts Erigena's most fundamental doctrines.
- adduce proof of the existence of still another 1 million dead Germans?
- None the less, the Assyrian statements with regard to the Medes demonstrate that the Iranians must have reached the west of Iran before 900 B.C. It is probable that at this period the Persians also were domiciled in their later home, even though we have no direct evidence to adduce.
- cross-examinetion in Acott were vigorously cross-examining the defendant in an effort to adduce evidence of provocation.Advertisement
- He then proceeds to adduce elaborate and sometimes slightly grotesque reasons tending to prove that mathematical knowledge is essential in theology, and closes this section of his work with two comprehensive sketches of geography and astronomy.
- All the Greek and Latin heresiologists have included the Manichaeans in their catalogues; but they seldom adduce any independent information regarding them (see Theodoret, Haer.
- We shall adduce only one or two glaring examples of Herr GrÃ¼n 's slipshod method of translation.
- adduce only one example: the method of physical human birth.