Adamantine sentence example
- In the Mandaean representation the sky is an ocean of water, pure and clear, but of more than adamantine solidity, upon which the stars and planets sail.
- Circumcision and Sabbath, separation from marriage with a foreigner, which rendered a Jew unclean, as well as strict conformity to the precepts of the Torah, constituted henceforth an adamantine bond which was to preserve the Jewish communities from disintegration.
- With their resinous to adamantine lustre and their translucency they also present somewhat the appearance of horn; hence the name hornsilver.
- Diamond possesses a brilliant " adamantine " lustre, but this tends to be greasy on the surface of the natural stones and gives FIG.
- A diamond crystal has a brilliantly shiny adamantine luster - the word adamantine luster - the word adamantine comes from the ancient Greek word for diamond.Advertisement
- For this reason the mineral is not always readily recognized by inspection, though the perfect dodecahedral cleavage, the adamantine lustre, and the brown streak are characters which may be relied upon.
- At Little Bytham a very hard brick, called adamantine clinker, is made of the siliceous clay that the Romans used for similar works.
- Crystals of sulphur are transparent or translucent and highly refractive with strong birefringence; they have a resinous or slightly adamantine lustre, and present the characteristic sulphur-yellow colour.
- The religion of Yahweh was no longer to rest upon the narrow perishable basis of locality and national sacra, but on the broad adamantine foundations of a universal divine sovereignty over all mankind and of righteousness as the essential element in the character of Yahweh and in his claims on man.
- Sainte-Claire Deville, ignorant of what he had done, adopted the same methods in his efforts to prepare the metal on an industrial scale; the result of Wohler's claim of priority was that the two became good friends and joined in a research, published in 1856-1857, which yielded "adamantine boron."Advertisement
- The lustre is resinous to adamantine, and the index of refraction high (2.369 for sodium light).