Adair sentence example
- His name first came before the public in 1683, when a prospectus was published in Edinburgh entitled An Account of the Scottish Atlas, stating that "the Privy Council of Scotland has appointed John Adair, mathematician and skilfull mechanick, to survey the shires."
- In 1686 an act of tonnage was passed in Adair's favour.
- Two other acts of tonnage were passed for Adair, one in 1695 and the other in 1705.
- KIRKSVILLE, a city and the county-seat of Adair county, Missouri, U.S.A., about 129 m.
- In this family tree are men famous in arms and in the public service: Sir Andrew Agnew of Lochnaw, Admiral Sir John Ross, Field-Marshal Sir Hew Dalrymple Ross, Dr John Adair, in whose arms Wolfe died at Quebec, and the Rev. W.Advertisement
- John Ruskin, the author's grandfather, a handsome lad of twenty, ran away with Catherine Tweddale, daughter of the Covenanting minister and of Catherine Adair, then a beautiful girl of sixteen.
- In that year the garrison was commanded by General Robert Munro, who, having afterwards relinquished the cause of the English parliament, was surprised and taken prisoner by Sir Robert Adair in 1648.
- Macon, Lafayette and Adair are the leading counties in output; Lexington and Bevier are the leading mining centres.
- frames in Among these may be named the American, Adair, the U.S.A. Danzenbaker, Gallup, Heddon, Langstroth and Quinby.
- Three of these, the American, Adair and Gallup, may be termed square frames, the others being oblong, but the latter shape appears to possess the most all-round advantages to the modern bee-keeper.Advertisement
- The point was made by no less a person that Adair Turner no leftist he!
- The narrator, Adair, is a paper pusher working for the mayor.
- Adair Turner's long tussle with the arcane British pensions system invites comparison with undertaking an arduous military campaign.
- JOHN ADAIR (d.
- Adair Turner 's long tussle with the arcane British pensions system invites comparison with undertaking an arduous military campaign.Advertisement
- Actress Deborah Adair formerly played the role.