Ad valorem tax sentence example
ad valorem tax
- After much manoeuvring and intrigues a naval battle was fought at Cynos 1 She had already abolished the system of tribute in favour of a 5 °,o ad valorem tax on all imports and exports carried by sea between her ports and those of the allies.
- The islands retain the exemption from direct taxation which they enjoyed under the British protectorate; in lieu of this there is an ad valorem tax of 202% on exported oil and a tax of 6% on wine exported to Greek ports; these commodities are further liable to an export duty of 12%, which is levied on all agricultural produce and articles of local manufacture for the maintenance and construction of roads.
- Revenue is derived from an ad valorem tax on all imports; the purchase and sale of animals; from royalties on trading concessions, and in other ways, including fees for the administration of justice.
- to secure freedom from the Moors, it was an ad valorem tax of 10, increased afterwards to 14%, on the selling price of all commodities, whether raw or manufactured, chargeable as often as they were sold or exchanged.
- The state revenue is derived from a general property tax, a poll tax, an income tax, a tax on transfers of realty, an ad valorem tax on the average capital invested by merchants in their business, a privilege tax on merchants and many other occupations and businesses; a tax on litigation, levied on the unsuccessful party, a collateral inheritance tax, and fines and forfeitures.Advertisement
- After much manoeuvring and intrigues a naval battle was fought at Cynos 1 She had already abolished the system of tribute in favour of a 5 Ã‚°,o ad valorem tax on all imports and exports carried by sea between her ports and those of the allies.
- Sales tax is an ad valorem tax assessed on all goods, services and property purchased.