Acyl sentence example
- From these acyl derivatives the elements of water are removed, either by simple heating or by boiling their aqueous solution; this elimination is accompanied by the formation of the azoxime ring.
- Those containing more than one acyl group are formed by the action of carbonyl chloride on acid amides: COC1 2 +2CH 3 Conh 2 = Co(NHCOCH3)2+2HC1.
- The orthoand parasemidines can be readily distinguished by their behaviour with different reagents; thus with nitrous acid the ortho-semidines give azimido compounds, whilst the para-semidines give complex diazo derivatives; with formic or acetic acids the ortho-semidines give anhydro compounds of a basic character, the para-semidines give acyl products possessing no basic character.
- The elevation of long chain acyl carnitine reappeared in the F2 generation proves its heritability.
- The same machinery is also used for export of acetyl and other short-chain acyl groups out of the mitochondria.Advertisement
- We'll take ethanoyl chloride as a typical acyl chloride, and ethanoic anhydride as a typical acid anhydride.
- It could save you having to read the acyl chloride page at all.
- You would obviously still have to fractionally distil the mixture to separate the acyl chloride from any excess acid or sulfur dichloride oxide.
- The complete chemical name for a specific ceramide includes the sphingoid and fatty acyl substituents.
- Glossary acyl transferase: An enzyme or ribozyme that synthesizes peptides.Advertisement
- Glossary Acyl transferase: An enzyme or ribozyme that synthesizes peptides.