Active-volcano sentence example
- Kerguelen Island is of undoubted volcanic origin, the prevailing rock being basaltic lavas, intersected occasionally by dikes, and an active volcano and hot springs are said to exist in the south-west of the island.
- The city is so situated as to be affected by shocks from all the various seismological centres of Luzon, especially those from the active volcano Taal, 35 m.
- The only plain of any great extent is that of Catania, watered by the Simeto, in the east; to the north of this plain the active volcano of Etna rises with an exceedingly gentle slope to the height of 10,868 ft.
- Sincholagua and Ruminagui are the next two peaks, going southward, and then the unrivalled cone of Cotopaxi - the highest active volcano in the world - from whose summit smoke curls upward unceasingly.
- Mt Mayon (7916 ft.), near the south-eastern extremity, is an active volcano with an almost perfect cone.Advertisement
- The country rises gently to it on all sides, and on an island near its centre is the active volcano of Taal, 1050 ft.
- Iceland, however, possesses no constantly active volcano.
- But these are now known to be nothing more than spots of unusual whiteness, and if any active volcano exists it is yet to be discovered.
- There is now no active volcano in Madagascar, but a large number of extinct cones are found, some apparently of very recent formation.
- It is repeated in the blazing summit of the Kuh-i-taftan (the burning mountain of the Persian frontier)which is the highest active volcano in Asia (13,000 ft.), and probably the farthest inland.Advertisement
- Sangay (17,380 ft.), under the equator, according to Wolff, appears to be the most active volcano in the world.
- It is an active volcano with a large flooded caldera open to the sea, which forms a natural harbor.
- Do you know where the nearest active volcano is?
- Big Island-The Big Island has the world's largest, active volcano and a variety of land forms, from large beaches to lava fields and historic sites.
- For example, a stop on the Big Island of Hawaii provides opportunity to hike to an active volcano while a visit to Oahu gives passengers the chance to luxuriate on the sands of world-famous Waikiki Beach.Advertisement