Activated-charcoal sentence example
- Blood was passed through activated charcoal to remove the drugs.
- Treatment guidelines Activated charcoal (50g) by mouth or nasogastric tube is indicated if the patient presents within 3-4 hours of ingestion.
- Management: consider oral activated charcoal if ingestion of a potentially toxic amount has occurred within 1 hour.
- Administering activated charcoal to bind any of the remaining drugs in the stomach to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Once the victim is under medical care, doctors have the option of treating the person with a specific remedy to counteract the poison (antidote) or with activated charcoal to absorb the substance inside the individual's digestive system.Advertisement
- Remission can sometimes be achieved after treatment with oral doses of activated charcoal.