Acted-up sentence example
- Whatever legal action the Dawkins are involved in would certainly be tainted if Fred knew how Joseph acted up there.
- You could say they were used for leverage if the country trounced too far on our generosity or refused to take into account our national interest when they acted up.
- He declares in one of his decrees that the generosity of a king should be limitless, and he acted up to this principle throughout his reign.
- He acted up to his famous saying that "the philosopher should be the hierophant of the whole world" by celebrating Egyptian and Chaldaean as well as Greek festivals, and on certain days performing sacred rites in honour of all the dead.
- I heartily accept the motto,--"That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically.Advertisement