Acta sanctorum sentence example
- The sources for her life are to be found in the Bollandist Acta Sanctorum on the Ilth of August, and sketches in such Lives of the Saints as Alban Butler's.
- It was he, too, who conceived the plan of a great collection of lives of saints, compiled from the manuscripts and augmented with notes, from which resulted the collection of the Acta sanctorum (see Bollandists).
- His life by his confessor, Ralph Bocking, is published in the Acta Sanctorum of the Bollandists, where a later and shorter life by John Capgrave is also to be found.
- It has been translated into several languages, and Greek and Latin translations are found in the Acta Sanctorum Bollandistarum, tome viii.
- 396-434, where the terminology is explained; idem, Synaxarium ecclesiae Constantinopolitanae e codice Sirmondiano (Brussels, 1902), forming the volume Propylaeum ad acta sanctorum novembris.Advertisement
- See Acta Sanctorum (September), i.
- See Acta Sanctorum apologeticis libris.
- This also appears in the Acta sanctorum ordinis.
- Jean Mabillon's treatise, De re diplomatica (1 681), was due to the criticisms of that group of Belgian Jesuits whose Acta Sanctorum quotquot toto orbe coluntur (1643, &c., see Bollandists) was destined to grow into the greatest repository of legend and biography the world has seen.
- See Acta sanctorum (October), iii.Advertisement