Acrylic-acid sentence example
- Methane and its homologues give origin to the " paraffin " or " fatty series " of the general formula C,H 2, ,+ 1 000H, ethylene gives origin to the acrylic acid series, C n H 27, - 1 000H, and so on.
- Doebner (Ber., 1902, 35, pp. 2129, 2 53 8; 1903, 3 6, p. 43 18) obtained compounds, which in all probability are cyclo-octadienes, by the distillation of s-vinylacrylic acid, sorbic acid, and cinnamenyl acrylic acid with anhydrous baryta.
- Oxidation by strong oxidizing agents converts it successively into its aldehyde, acrolein, and into acrylic acid.
- The enzyme DMSP-lyase, found in algae and some bacteria, mediates the cleavage of DMSP to DMS and acrylic acid.
- The ring of this compound is ruptured by caustic soda with the formation of perchlorvinyl acrylic acid (5), which gives on reduction ethidine propionic acid (6), a compound containing five of the carbon atoms originally in the benzene ring (see Zincke, Ber., 18 94, 27, p. 33 6 4) (the carbon atoms are omitted in some of the formulae).Advertisement