Acrostic sentence example
- This book is worthy of note on account of the quaint and sarcastic humour of its numerous acrostic verses.
- The A pologeticum, undoubtedly by Commodianus, although the name of the author (as well as the title) is absent from the MS., is free from the acrostic restriction.
- Acrostic poems are very easy for beginners to write.
- Besides his lyrical and satirical poems, he contributed many of the finest compositions to the liturgy (some of them with the acrostic "Shelomoh ha-gaton"), which are widely different from the artificial manner of the earlier payyetanim.
- The acrostic introduction gives the sentence, "Aldhelmus cecinit millenis versibus odas," whether read from the initial or final letters of the lines.Advertisement
- We used acrostic and frame poems to develop poems about respect.
- To learn more about writing an acrostic poem, visit the Read.
- Acrostic poems are often written to spell someone's name or words such as PEACE, LOVE, JOY, HOPE, and FRIENDSHIP.
- An acrostic poem is a poem that uses each of the letters in a particular topic word as the basis for the lines within the poem.
- An acrostic poem is a poem in which the first letter of each line works together to spell a word or a phrase.Advertisement
- The Instructiones consist of 80 poems, each of which is an acrostic (with the exception of 60, where the initial letters are in alphabetical order).
- Why not do an acrostic of your own name?
- Acrostic poetry An acrostic poetry An acrostic poem has to be one of the simplest poems that I found to write.
- Both kinds of acrostic occur side by side in the Psalms. Psalm ex., an acrostic of the same kind as David's elegy, is followed by Psalms cxi.
- Since acrostic poems require no special literary knowledge, they are a great way to introduce children to poetry.Advertisement