Across-the-pond sentence example
- Martha made the call, saying she thought she saw a girl taking a short cut across the pond.
- He skipped a stone across the pond.
- I did manage to get a nice cape from Ebay but seemingly they are not shipping feathers across the pond anymore.
- Have we imported so much drivel from across the pond that there's nothing left in English hands?
- Some one balances the toboggan on the very crest of the hill, while we get on, and when we are ready, off we dash down the side of the hill in a headlong rush, and, leaping a projection, plunge into a snow-drift and go swimming far across the pond at a tremendous rate!...Advertisement
- I have found it a singular luxury to talk across the pond to a companion on the opposite side.
- When two legs of my level were on the shore and the third on the ice, and the sights were directed over the latter, a rise or fall of the ice of an almost infinitesimal amount made a difference of several feet on a tree across the pond.
- These pond yachts could float in the water and were often used in races across the pond by children in the 1920s and 1930s.
- Working in Britain, this model was the face of British drugstore brand Marks & Spencer, and she's worked for Victoria's Secret and GAP across the pond.
- Hendrix began to win acclaim across the pond.Advertisement