Acquisitive sentence example
- acquisitive crime goes toward the purchase of heroin or crack.
- From here however, the company became increasingly acquisitive and ambitious.
- He appears to have been very acquisitive in his ability to obtain prebends holding many during his life.
- acquisitive society where personal greed is accorded social respect.
- acquisitive group recently forked out £ 21 million for luxury jeweler Mappin & Webb.Advertisement
- Another luxury deal handled by Cavendish was the sale of jewelry chain Mappin & Webb to the highly acquisitive Icelandic investor Baugur.
- I do slightly wonder whether maintaining this sort of list externally actually encourages you to become more acquisitive.
- Acquisitive crime (particularly shoplifting, burglary and fraud) are the primary means of funding drug misuse.
- acquisitive overtures wound up with.
- Under the Roman peace they lost their warlike and nomadic habits, and were a sober, acquisitive, orderly people, wholly intent on trade and agriculture (Strabo xvi.Advertisement
- In 1046, and again in 1061, two dangerous pagan risings shook the very foundations of the infant church and state; the western provinces were in constant danger from the attacks of the acquisitive emperors, and from the south and southeast two separate hordes of fierce barbarians (the Petchenegs in 1067-1068, and the Kumanians in 1071-1072) burst over the land.
- On returning to the Ukraine he settled down quietly on his paternal estate, and in all probability history would never have known his name if the intolerable persecution of a neighbouring Polish squire, who stole his hayricks and flogged his infant son to death, had not converted the thrifty and acquisitive Cossack husbandman into one of the most striking and sinister figures of modern times.
- acquisitive clients.
- What are the links between drug use and crime, particularly acquisitive crime?
- acquisitive growth.Advertisement
- Of income you've lost off acquisitive overtures wound up with.