Acquainting sentence example
- Meanwhile he had visited England, where he was well received; and he afterwards travelled in Holland, Belgium and France, acquainting himself with the condition and prospects of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The king lost no time in acquainting the diet with his demands.
- The Panorama had a large circulation and influence, and Herculano's biographical sketches of great men and his articles of literary and historical criticism did much to educate the middle class by acquainting them with the story of their nation, and with the progress of knowledge and the state of letters in foreign countries.
- This kept him absent from home for many years, during which letters were written to him by " little Davy," acquainting him with the doings at Lichfield.
- Acquainting yourself with the most popular tablet PCs will give you several points of reference, regardless of what type of tablet you end up purchasing.Advertisement