Aclu sentence example
- The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) filed a motion to appear as amicus curiae in the discrimination case.
- In 2000, a group of Texas parents, with the help of the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), initiated a lawsuit alleging various civil rights infringements.
- On the other side are students, parents and the ACLU who feel that uniforms infringe on their individuality.
- The ACLU has argued that uniforms stifle a student's need for self expression, which is often used as a defense against feeling inferior or shut out from other students of different means.
- Students, some parents and the ACLU argue that public school uniforms stifle students' individuality.Advertisement