Acid-forming sentence example
- It forms crystallizable salts with potassium and calcium hydrates, and functions as a weak acid forming salts named plumbates.
- The element is insoluble in water, but dissolves in concentrated sulphuric acid forming a deep red solution.
- Chromium sesquioxide is a basic oxide, although like alumina it acts as an acid-forming oxide towards strong bases, forming salts called chromites.
- Cuprous oxide is reduced by hydrogen, carbon monoxide, charcoal, or iron, to the metal; it dissolves in hydrochloric acid forming cuprous chloride, and in other mineral acids to form cupric salts, with the separation of copper.
- It dissolves in ammonia with the liberation of nitrogen and the formation of silver oxide, Ag 2 O; and in sulphuric acid forming a fairly stable dark green liquid which, on dilution, gives off oxygen and forms silver sulphate.Advertisement
- It is a monobasic acid forming salts which are permanent in air, but which are gradually oxidized in aqueous solution.
- These foods are acid forming in their final end products in the body.
- It is not volatile below a white heat, and consequently, if heated with salts of more volatile acids, it expels the acid forming oxide from such salts; for example, if potassium sulphate be heated with boron trioxide, sulphur trioxide is liberated and potassium borate formed.