Acheron sentence example
- It was his duty to ferry over the Styx (or Acheron) those souls of the deceased who had duly received the rites of burial, in payment for which service he received an obol, which was placed in the mouth of the corpse.
- ACHERON, in Greek mythology, the son of Gaea or Demeter.
- Vuvo), a tributary of the Acheron, a river of Thesprotia (mod.
- The name is also applied in Greek mythology to a tributary of the Acheron or of the Styx, a river in Hades.
- Acheron >>Advertisement
- There is a real river Acheron in north west Greece.
- If he had not taken upon himself the responsibility of Laura Bridgman's education and led her out of the pit of Acheron back to her human inheritance, should I be a sophomore at Radcliffe College to-day--who can say?
- You forget that death comes to the rich and the poor alike, and comes once for all; but remember, Acheron could not be bribed by gold to ferry the crafty Prometheus back to the sunlit world.