Acetyl-chloride sentence example
- (C 6 H 4 CO 2 H) 2 is obtained by continued heating of salicylic acid and acetyl chloride to 130140° C. It is an amorphous yellow mass which is easily soluble in alcohol.
- The syn-aldoximes or treatment with acetyl chloride readily lose water and yield nitriles; the anti-aldoximes as a rule are acetylated and do not yield nitriles.
- Triethyl silicol, (C2H5),Si OH, is a true alcohol, obtained by condensing zinc ethyl with silicic ester, the resulting substance of composition, (C2H5)3 SiOC2H51 with acetyl chloride yielding a chloro-compound (C2H5)3SiC1, which with aqueous ammonia yields the alcohol.
- Succinic anhydride, C 2 H 4 (CO) 2 0, is obtained by heating the acid or its sodium salt with acetic anhydride; by the action of acetyl chloride on the barium salt; by distilling a mixture of succinic acid and succinyl chloride, or by heating succinyl chloride with anhydrous oxalic acid.
- The trans-acid is a racemic compound, which on heating with acetyl chloride gives the anhydride of the cis-acid.Advertisement
- By long heating the acid is converted into its anhydride, which, however, is obtained more readily by heating the silver salt of the acid with acetyl chloride.
- (C 6 H 4 CO 2 H) 2 is obtained by continued heating of salicylic acid and acetyl chloride to 130140Ã‚° C. It is an amorphous yellow mass which is easily soluble in alcohol.
- Butlerow in 1864 by acting with zinc methyl on acetyl chloride (see Alcohols).
- The same type of reaction occurs when the metal is relatively electro-positive to the added radical, for example, with ethyl isocyanide and acetyl chloride (see above); compare also AgNC --AgN(:Cl 000H 3)C -->AgCl+CH,000N.