Accustoms sentence example
- Driving with long reins in the field should precede the fastening of ropes to the collar, as it accustoms the animal to the pressure on the shoulders of the draught, later to be experienced in the yoke.
- Her mother is so proud of how easily her daughter accustoms herself to new situations.
- Moving slowly, John accustoms himself to the slick floors and dim lighting as he journeys into the cave.
- On the first day in a new place, she always takes a long walk and accustoms herself to the new surroundings.
- The training program accustoms astronauts to the vastly different environments they will encounter in space.Advertisement
- The conditioning practice accustoms the athletes to the endurance and strength required in a game.