Accra sentence example
- The kola nut, chewed by almost every native of the country, is brought from west of the Niger, traders from Ashanti, Accra and Yorubaland frequenting the markets of Jegga.
- There are several markets in Accra where you can go shopping, and popular bargains include African handicrafts.
- In vibrant Accra, Ghana's capital city there was complete traffic mayhem.
- Little Popo and Togo were capitals of small independent kingdoms. Little Popo is said to have been founded in the 17th century by refugees from Accra, who were driven out by the Akwamu.
- Housing costs in Cleveland are almost exactly the national average, according to the ACCRA cost of living index.Advertisement
- Accra is about 80 m.
- Accra preserves the distinctions of James Town, Ussher Town and Christiansborg, indicative of its tripartite origin.
- (Accra is almost the only point along the Gold Coast where horses thrive.) Behind the town is rolling grass land, which gives place to the highlands of Aquapim and Akim.
- Accra, the first town in the Gold Coast colony to be raised (July 1, 1896) to the rank of a municipality, is governed by a town council with power to raise and spend money.
- Accra is connected by cable with Europe and South Africa, and is the sea terminus of a railway serving the districts N.E., where are flourishing cocoa plantations.Advertisement