Accordant sentence example
- The evidence afforded by these instruments is not, however, altogether accordant.
- The valley floors always join at accordant levels, as is the habit among normally subdued mountains; they thus contrast with glaciated mountains such as the Alps and the Canadian Rockies, where the laterals habitually open as hanging valleys in the side slope of the main valleys.
- (This result is from a larger number than other students have used, and study by diagrams.) The theory (3) of the derivation of the uten from 1/1500 cubic cubit of water would fix it at 1472, which is accordant; but there seems no authority either in volumes or weights for taking 1500 utens.
- The piedmont belt may be described as a maturely dissected peneplain over much of its extent; it is indeed one of the best examples of that class of forms. Its uplands are of fairly accordant altitude, which gradually decreases from 500 to 1000 ft.
- The outside consists of moss and lichens, and according to Selby, "is always accordant with the particular colour of its situation."Advertisement
- C. Kapteyn, with the result that it appears to be not even approximately accordant with the facts.
- This has been measured for the full moon by various investigators, but the results are not as accordant as could be desired.
- Ridley suggested changing it to Elizabeth as "more accordant to the feelings of the people";.