Acclivity sentence example
- When parts of a field are flat, and other parts have a considerable acclivity, it is expedient to cut a receiving drain near to the bottom of the slopes, and to give the flat ground an independent set of drains.
- It is delightfully situated on a bold acclivity, one mile E. from the church.
- Ashbourn Grove, a neat well-built mansion, picturesquely seated on a gentle acclivity, one mile N.E. from Ashbourn, is now unoccupied.
- The Side is still the name of the long and steep acclivity which connected the lower with the upper town of Newcastle.
- The town occupies chiefly the acclivity of Compass Hill, and while of picturesque appearance is built in a very irregular manner, the streets being narrow and precipitous.Advertisement
- From Irazu (11,200), the culminating point of the range, both oceans and the whole of Costa Rica are visible; its altitude exceeds that of Aneto, the highest point in the Pyrenees, but so gradual is its acclivity that the summit can easily be reached by a man on horseback.