Acclimatize sentence example
- One great object of their experiments was to introduce and acclimatize exotic cottons.
- But no precautions such as those above indicated appear to have been taken in any of these experiments; and we have no intimation that either the society or any of its members are making systematic efforts to acclimatize the tree.
- Before the arrival of Macquarie schools and churches had been erected, a newspaper, the Sydney Gazette and New South Wales Advertiser, had been started, and attempts had been made to acclimatize the drama.
- This will prepare your child for attending preschool with other children, acclimatize her to a structured environment, and provide some healthy creative outlets that might not be available in the home.
- It was their professed object to raise French to a level with the classics, and to acclimatize Italian species of verse.Advertisement
- Unsuccessful attempts were made to acclimatize the alpaca goat in England, on the European continent and in Australia, and even to cross certain English breeds of sheep 1 Grown in Peru but shipped from Valparaiso.
- Alexanderzuges, 1903); whilst on the other hand attempts were made to acclimatize the plants of the motherland in the foreign soil (Theophr., Hist.
- Some people acclimatize quickly, and can ascend rapidly; others acclimatize quickly, and can ascend rapidly; others acclimatize slowly and have trouble staying well even on a slow ascent.
- In order to domesticate or naturalize the former class in countries not extremely differing from that from which the species was brought, it will not be necessary to acclimatize, in the strict sense of the word.