Accipiter sentence example
- Kenya's largest accipiter, usually found alone or in pairs with a pair needing a territory of around 13 sq Km in Kenya.
- Sparrowhawk accipiter nisus Up to 3 females seen on the trip.
- Wonder whether the accipiter raiding your feeder is a female sharp-shinned hawk or a male Cooper's hawk?
- Wonder whether the accipiter raiding your feeder is a female sharp-shinned hawk or a male Cooper 's hawk?
- Barn swallows (Hirundo rustica) were hunted by a Sparrow hawk (Accipiter nisus).Advertisement
- There is the interesting white-necked guineafowl, Agelastes (which is found on the Gold Coast and elsewhere west of the lower Niger); there is one peculiar species of eagle owl (Bubo lettii) and a very handsome sparrow-hawk (Accipiter bitttikoferi); a few sun-birds, warblers and shrikes are peculiar to the region.
- 3 For instance, under the title of " Accipiter " we have to look, not only for the sparrow-hawk and gos-hawk, but for many other birds of the family (as we now call it) removed comparatively far from those species by modern ornithologists.