Accelerators sentence example
- Most hardware accelerators will directly render polygons to scenes therefore freeing up processor time for other tasks.
- The Department operates two accelerators, causing charged atoms (ions) to reach 10% of the speed of light.
- In 2006 a further three linear accelerators will be bought to bring the total at the new West of Scotland Cancer Center to 11.
- There are exceptions - some special purpose chips have kept up with the pace, graphics accelerators being the obvious example.
- Most hardware accelerators will directly render polygons to scenes freeing up processor time for other tasks.Advertisement
- This is called magnetic bremsstrahlung or synchrotron radiation (after radiation observed from particle accelerators by that name ).
- A major component of modern linear accelerators which assists this technique is the multi-leaf collimator (MLC ).
- Particle physics experiments are performed at accelerators where the products of head-on collisions between matter and antimatter are studied with huge detectors.
- In order to deliver the radiation to the patient we use devices called medical linear accelerators, or " linacs " .
- The Radiotherapy Department has eight linear accelerators and a Pantak superficial x-ray therapy unit.Advertisement
- Oxford Radcliffe Hospitals NHS Trust is to get two new linear accelerators to cut delays and improve treatment for cancer patients in Oxfordshire.
- Even where new linear accelerators have been purchased, often with Lottery money, there are not always the staff to operate them.
- This implied that there should be 48 additional linear accelerators in the UK, of which 22 would replace old cobalt machines.
- Other UK accelerators The worldÃ¢s leading pulsed neutron and muon source is based at the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory in Oxfordshire.
- Particle Accelerators are devices used to accelerate charged elementary particle Accelerators are devices used to accelerate charged elementary particles or ions to high energies.Advertisement
- However, it is widely felt that the standard model is incomplete (hence the need to build ever more powerful particle accelerators ).
- The Radiotherapy Department now boasts a total of ten linear accelerators.