Acanthocephala sentence example
- The Acanthocephala are dioecious.
- Certain additional small groups should probably be recognized as independent lines of descent or phyla, but their relationships are obscure - they are the Mesozoa, the Polyzoa, the Acanthocephala and the Gastrotricha.
- The thick-skinned round worms, such as the common horse-worm and the threadworms (see Nematoda), together with the Nematomorpha, Chaetosomatida, Desmoscolecida and Acanthocephala, form a fairly natural group. The Rotifera, with probably the Kinorhyncha and Gastrotricha, are again isolated.
- They are now by many systematists united with the Acanthocephala and the Nematomorpha to form the group Nemathelminthes.
- Food is imbibed through the skin from the digestive juices of the host in which the Acanthocephala live.Advertisement