Academician sentence example
- He was elected a full academician in 1888, and an honorary member of the Royal Academy of Munich.
- A typical academician was the poet, antiquary and connoisseur, Nils Fredrik Sander (1828-1900).
- Sara is an elected academician of the Social Sciences.
- He was made an associate of the National Academy of Design, New York, in 1860, and a full academician in 1861.
- A biography of Huygens was prefixed to his Opera varia (1724); his Eloge in the character of a French academician was printed by J.Advertisement
- Attempting to return to France in 1780 he was arrested for a caustic attack on the duc de Duras (1715-1789), an academician and marshal of France, and imprisoned nearly two years in the Bastille.
- In 1704 he lost his sight and was constituted a "veteran," a dignity which preserved to him the privileges, while it exempted him from the duties, of an academician.
- His object was to reconcile his religious with his philosophical creed, and to remain a Christian without ceasing to be an academician.
- (1794-1888), the biographer of Tegner; Per Erik Bergfalk (1798-1890), the critic and supporter of Geijer; the distinguished historian and academician, Karl Johan Schlyter (1795-1888) and the historical writers, Fredrik Ferdinand Carlson (1811-1887), Vilhelm Erik Svedelius (1816-1889), and Martin Weibull (1835-1902).
- He became ARA in 1845, and a full academician in 1852.Advertisement
- Professor Walter Nash: I wish to draw your attention to a distinguished retired academician and his works.
- In October 2005, he was elected academician of the Academy of Learned Societies for the Social Sciences.
- He was elected an associate of the Royal Society of Painters in Water Colours in 1876, and a full member in 1880; an associate of the Royal Academy in 1885, and an academician in 1893; and at Paris, in 1887, where he exhibited "The Newhaven Packet" and "The Clearness after Rain," he received a grand prix and was made a knight of the Legion of Honour.
- Leighton was elected an Academician in 1868, and succeeded Sir Francis Grant as President in 1878, when he was knighted.
- The French academician Bouger, who was chief of the scientific commission sent to Ecuador in 1736 to measure a degree of the meridian on the equator, made a trigonometrical measurement of Iliniza, and Wagner ascended to within 800 ft.Advertisement
- The excellent lyrical poet Frans Mikael Franzen (q.v.; 1772-1847) and a belated academician Johan David Valerius (1776-1852), fill up the space between the Gustavian period and the domination of romantic ideas from Germany.