Abuts sentence example
- Tibet, the Kalta-alaghan does not decrease, but it increases in elevation towards the east, where, like the Chimen-tagh, it abuts upon and merges in the ranges that border Tsaidam on the south.
- On the east, the main cordillera abuts upon the region of plateaus and savannas, which occupies nearly half of the area of Nicaragua.
- Its western slopes, where it abuts on the mountain masses which dominate the Kabul plain, are forest-covered and picturesque, with deep glens intersecting them, and bold craggy ridges; the same may be said of the northern spurs which reach downward through the Shinwari country towards Gandamak and Jalalabad.
- It lies in the south-east corner of the province of the Punjab, to which it was added in 1858, and abuts on the right bank of the river Jumna.
- The imperial palace (1638-1648), now known as the "Fort," is situated on the east of the city, and abuts directly on the river.Advertisement
- The protoxylem-elements are situated at the extreme inner edge of the secondary wood, and may occur as small groups of narrow, spirallypitted elements scattered among the parenchyma which abuts on the main mass of wood.
- Finally, at the extreme west of the whole district, Cithaeron is bent round at right angles in the direction oft the isthmus, at the northern approach to which it abuts against the mighty mass of Mount Geraneia, which is interposed between the Corinthian and the Saronic Gulf.
- It also abuts onto the Crystal Palace Conservation area.
- East wall:- abuts nave, the latter's roof rising to more than half way up the second stage.
- This large evaporation, which constitutes the so-called transpiration of plants, takes place not into the external air but into this same intercellular space system, being possible only through the delicate cell-walls upon which it abuts, as the external coating, whether bark, cork or cuticle, is impermeable by watery vapour.Advertisement
- There is no rawness nor imperfection in its edge there, as where the axe has cleared a part, or a cultivated field abuts on it.
- Key West, FL 33040;(305) 292-1532;(800) 615-9214 - This luxury inn sits directly on the Atlantic Ocean and abuts ten acres of park and wildlife preseve.
- Outdoor enthusiasts might prefer another park because this parks northern border abuts the county landfill.