Abuna sentence example
- From Frumentius to the present day, with one break, the Metropolitan (Abuna) has always been appointed from Egypt, and, oddly enough, he is always a foreigner.
- The Gebi or royal enclosure completely covers a small hill overlooking the whole neighbourhood, while around it are the enclosures of the abuna and principal nobles, and the residences of the foreign ministers.
- North of the Beni, the Abuna flows into the Madeira.
- Parallel with the eastern escarpment are the heights of Baila (12,500 ft.), Abuna Josef (13,780 ft.), and Kollo (14,100 ft.), the last-named being S.W.
- The Abyssinian church is presided over by an abuna, or archbishop. The land is not held in fee simple, but is subject to the control of the emperor or the church.Advertisement
- John Bermudez, a subordinate member of the mission of 1520, who had remained in the country after the departure of the embassy, was, according to his own statement (which is untrustworthy), ordained successor to the abuna (archbishop), and sent to Lisbon.
- The line follows the Verde, Guapore, 1Vlamore and Madeira rivers down to the mouth of the Abuna, in about lat.
- This was finally settled in 1903 by the treaty of Petropolis, which provided that the line should ascend the Abuna river to lat.