Abstemious sentence example
- Abstemious in his habits, he possessed great physical endurance.
- He went thoroughly into the practice as well as the theory of Stoicism, and lived so abstemious and laborious a life that he injured his health.
- Browne was a man of abstemious habits, charitable disposition, and impressive eloquence.
- You know me: I am busy from morning till night and abstemious, so of course I am well.
- They are industrious and abstemious in their lives, and when living up to the standard of their faith they present one of the nearest approaches to the realization of the Christian ideal which have ever been attained.Advertisement
- Though accused of extreme licentiousness in his relations with women, and though he lived for years in adultery with Dona Maria de Osorio, Philip was probably less immoral than most kings of his time, including his father, and was rigidly abstemious in eating and drinking.
- They counsel abstemious habits, but set no time for the coming of Christ, and so are spared the perpetual disappointments that overtake the ordinary adventist.
- Grave and serious in manner, speaking slowly, but with energetic gestures, simple and abstemious in his life - his daily bill of fare being reckoned as hardly costing a couple of francs - Leo XIII.
- The latter are peaceable, inoffensive and abstemious.
- abstemious personal habits, he was endlessly generous to his students.Advertisement
- His daily living being very plain, he had a peculiar taste for sudden and isolated luxuries; he was an abstemious epicure.
- ABSTEMII (a Latin word, from abs, away from, temetum, intoxicating liquor, from which is derived the English "abstemious" or temperate), a name formerly given to such persons as could not partake of the cup of the Eucharist on account of their natural aversion to wine.
- Frugal and abstemious in his diet (i.