Absorption-spectrum sentence example
- It is conspicuous by its absorption spectrum in many of the white stars.
- Mention may be made of the absorption spectrum of benzene.
- The salts show a characteristic absorption spectrum.
- Its salts are reddish violet in colour, and give a characteristic absorption spectrum.
- The experiment proves only the transparency of the gases experimented upon, and this is confirmed by the fact that bodies like bromine and iodine give on heating an emission spectrum corresponding to the absorption spectrum seen at ordinary temperatures.Advertisement
- The most typical case in this respect is the effect of a solvent on the absorption spectrum of a solution.
- The chromates of sodium, potassium and ammonium, as well as the bichromates of potassium and ammonium, were found to give the same absorption spectrum.
- Engelmann showed, for instance, that these red-purple bacteria collect in the ultra-red, and to a less extent in the orange and green, in bands which agree with the absorption spectrum of the extracted colouring matter.
- cyanogenus gives a band in the yellow and strong lines at E and F in the solar spectrum - an absorption spectrum almost identical with that of triphenyl-rosaniline.
- absorbere) means literally "sucking up" or "swallowing," and thus a total incorporation in something, literally or figuratively; it is technically used in animal physiology for the function of certain vessels which suck up fluids; and in light and optics absorption spectrum and absorption band are terms used in the discussion of the transformation of rays in various media.Advertisement
- Hence when the photosphere is viewed through it an absorption spectrum is shown, but when it can be viewed separately a bright line spectrum appears.
- The cobalt is still Co 2+ as evidenced by the crystal field splitting of the Co L-edge peak in the absorption spectrum.