Absorbents sentence example
- The choice of absorbents and the order in which the gases are to be estimated is strictly limited.
- The absorbing vessels are then about half filled with the absorbents, and, by opening the cocks and aspirating, the liquid is brought so as (By permission of Messrs Baird & Tatlock.) FIG.
- The seven series of Monocotyledons represent a sequence beginning with the most complicated epigynous orders, such as Orchideae and Scitamineae, and passing through the petaloid hypogynous orders (series Coronarieae) of which Liliaceae is the representative to Juncaceae and the palms (series Calycinae) where the perianth Ioses its petaloid character and thence to the Aroids, screw-pines and albuminous Dicotyledons the cotyledons act as the absorbents of the reserve-food of the seed and are commonly brought above ground (epigeal), either withdrawn from the seed-coat or carrying it upon them, and then they serve as the first green organs of the plant.
- On the 31st of the same month he wrote :- "I really think this new anatomy of the brain will strike more than the discovery of the lymphatics being absorbents."
- Keep rags, mops, absorbents, and other cleanup supplies readily accessible to all work areas.Advertisement
- Many disposable diapers today contain artificial chemical absorbents such as sodium polyacrylate.
- Plus, industrial hose, oil and chemical absorbents and various industrial products from 5 depots in North Wales and 1 in Runcorn.