Absolute-value sentence example
- So again, in the case of the Paris curves, the absolute value of the diurnal range in summer was much greater for the Eiffel Tower than for the Bureau Central, but the mean voltage was 2150 at the former station and only 134 at the latter.
- The scale is graduated in such a manner that by multiplying the reading by a simple factor (generally 10 or 2) the absolute value of the magnetization is obtained.
- -- The absolute value of this system is far from certain.
- The results of Forbes are interesting historically as having been the first approximately correct determinations of conductivity in absolute value.
- The Result Was To Reduce The Coefficient Of Diminution Of Specific Heat At 15° C. By Nearly One Half, But The Absolute Value At 20° C. Is Practically Unchanged.Advertisement
- The Absolute Value Of The Specific Heat Deduced Necessarily Depends On The Absolute Values Of The Electrical Standards Employed In The Investigation.
- Kirchhoff determined experimentally in a certain case the absolute value of the current induced by one circuit in another, and in the same year Erik Edland (1819-1888) made a series of careful experiments on the induction of electric currents which further established received theories.
- A knowledge of the absolute value of this energy is not required, since in every expression in which it occurs it is under the (3) form x - xo, that is to say, the difference between the energy in two different states.
- - Another method of verifying Tait's hypothesis, of greater difficulty but of considerable interest, is to measure the absolute value of the heat absorbed by the Thomson effect, and to observe whether or not it varies with the temperature.
- It would be theoretically possible to measure the absolute value in some metal by observing with an electrometer the P.D.Advertisement
- See Also: Integer.MIN_VALUE abs public static long abs (long a) Returns the absolute value of a long value.
- The Result Was To Reduce The Coefficient Of Diminution Of Specific Heat At 15Ã‚° C. By Nearly One Half, But The Absolute Value At 20Ã‚° C. Is Practically Unchanged.
- One may almost doubt if the wisest man has learned anything of absolute value by living.